Don’t tell me! You don’t think it’s possible, right? The health care delivery system may be lousy, but you do have an opportunity to improve your own healthcare in ways that are practical and easy to accomplish.
The unfortunate problem most people have is not knowing how to approach their healthcare with a vengeance and with the knowledge, strategies, and tactics which can make it top level. The issue is that most people want to have someone else do it for them like in the old days. That’s not going to happen in our lifetimes.
What’s left is to do it yourself in a determined and effective manner which I’m about to reveal to you. An article can’t encompass all you need to know, but a bit of research on your own will enlighten you to all the approaches you can use to get
top health care (medical care).
Let’s approach the subject from a practical point of view first. The really good medical care is found when certain factors are in place like:
o You must select a physician who will take the time needed to satisfy your medical needs on every visit. A patient advocate.
o The physician’s personality must be gentle, not authoritative, persuasive not demanding, and conscientious about how he or she treats patients.
o The medical office staff must be cordial, pleasant, easily reachable, and willing to go the extra mile for you. Most are.
o You must truly trust your doctor’s advice and directions.
These qualities must be present, or at least in your judgment close enough, for making the strategies below work effectively and in your favor. In rural areas patients must accept who’s available-or drive a hundred miles to get a choice. In many cases transient doctors make the 100 mile drive essential.
Healthcare strategies to overcome the health care system defects:
What is it that frustrates you most about doctors and your medical care? Your answers to this question are the basis for implementing the best approaches in obtaining top medical care anywhere, anytime. You mind-set must focus on you being in control of your own healthcare.
STRATEGY #1: It’s necessary that you continually educate yourself either about your own medical problems, or at least about the current medical concerns floating around in the media.
The more you learn about your own medical/disease problems the easier it is for your doctor to treat you, explain things to you that you now can understand, follow advice and medication instructions without mistakes because you recognize why the doctor is recommending these things.
You won’t find a medical doctor who will take the time anymore to explain everything to you, cover all you should know, or explain the risks to treatment.
STRATEGY #2: Paying close attention to the various office functions you experience in your doctor’s office gives you a distinct advantage most never pay attention to. As a result it costs more than needed for their care, and involves much more wasted time getting the medical care in the first place. Your way to top health care is paved with how you make these factors work for you.
1. Appointments: Always be sure to schedule your doctor appointments mid-AM or mid-PM in their schedule. Avoid Mon. AM and Fri. PM when the office staff are overwhelmed with calls and problems to solve.
Following this tactic avoids the doctor arriving late to start the morning and afternoon appointments and moving rapidly through the late AM and late PM appointments to get to meetings, hospital rounds, or home.
You will get more time with your doctor, wait less time to see your doctor, avoid rescheduling your appointment which costs you time and money, and find your doctor more willing to listen to you.
2. Organizing your visit: The average appointment with the doctor lasts 8 minutes according to most surveys. Any way you can compress more interactions with the doctor into that time span, the more care you will receive and better care will result.
* Write down the names of every medication you take, including non-prescription meds, the doses, and how often you take them. Otherwise, the doctor will have to spend time in your visit looking at your medical records instead of treating you. Carry your list with you.
* Do all the disrobing and gowns needed before the doctor gets into the room. Doing all that with the doctor in the room wastes time speaking with the doctor. The nurse should have you do this.
* Make a list of all your medical problems you want the doctor to help you with and take it with you to the appointment. Organize the list in order of priority from top down. It is likely the doctor will get through the top 3 or 4 items.
* Spend every minute focused on your medical problems-no social talk other than a greeting.
* Let your doctor know when you want a second opinion about a special medical issue. Often doctors won’t order a consultation for fear it unveils their personal lack of knowledge or your lack of trust.
Strategy #3: When you are very congenial with the medical office staff, you will discover from that personal first name relationship your care will be managed in a far more extensive and efficient manner than most other patients. They know not only that you appreciate all their help and going out of their way to make your healthcare even better, but also that you are in a position to promote their medical office to other potential patients.
Be aware that the government restricts medical fees doctors charge and their income is decreasing. Medical practices are not doing well financially also because of high malpractice insurance premium charges. Any way you can think of to help them market their medical practice to increase their patient flow will earn you unbelievable rewards in return.
o Never having to wait for an appointment.
o Prompt response to any medical communication.
o Doctor quickly available to your requests.
o Appointments longer than usual.
o More thorough medical treatment than others receive.
There are innumerable strategies for obtaining top medical care. All you need to do is be aware of opportunities when they present themselves and take advantage of them. The key is be willing to be a giving person and it will return to you one way or another.
The author, Curt Graham, is a medical doctor, marketer, copywriter, author, speaker who has written extensively over his 35 plus years in active medical practice. He is a published author in Modern Physician, and is credited as an expert author by web article directories and self help websites including selfgrowth.com.
If you want to learn many more detailed ways to get top medical care anywhere, anytime, and save time and money in the process….Go Here Now!
Please feel free to copy, send, or distribute this article as long as the article is not changed, and the resource box is included as written.
© Copyright 2008 L & C Internet Enterprises, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/expert/Curtis_G._Graham/8733
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/2440547